First stop on our Greek Honeymoon Adventure, the beautiful Santorini!
We’re headed to Greece for our Honeymoon in a week, so in the spirit of white-washed Choras and bright blue waters, here are my top picks for exploring and relaxing around the Cyclades.
1. Nothing says Greece more than an easy-breezy white dress. I love the two piece style of this White Linen Reformation Dress. And bonus: You can wear the pieces separately too.
2. An oversized bag like this Topanga Tote from Eliza Gran fits everything you need for a day sailing around the islands, lazying around at the beach, or even exploring local villages.
3. This pair of RE/DONE Vintage Levi’s High Rise Shorts pairs perfectly with an off the shoulder top for daily adventures out and about on the islands.
4. A classic round style updated in a fun flecked tortoise. Opa! Ray-Ban Round Sunglasses
5. One thing is for sure: the sun in Greece is intense. Take cover in this Straw Fedora Hat by Lack of Color.
6. I love the feminine scallop detail on this classic white Antibes bikini by Marysia Swim, perfect for channeling your inner Jackie-O and enjoy the day relaxing beachside in Mykonos.
7. One of the best aspects of a relaxing vacation: the sound of the water nearby, a cold drink next to you, and a good beach read you can sink in to without interruption.
8. Because you can’t take your entire closet with you, it’s always best to bring versatile items like this Chloe Drew Bag, which works great as both a more casual daytime bag and dressed up for nights out on the town.
9. No better time for embracing your inner gladiator then when in Greece. I love the black and white color combo on these Soludos Gladiator Lace Up Sandals and the fun tassel detail.
10. Throw this Faithfull Blue Coverup Dress on over your bikini after a day at the beach, and suddenly you’re ready for cocktail hour :)
When we began thinking about building a wedding website, we knew we wanted something that would give us the flexibility to build a site that was extremely comprehensive, and not only provided details for the wedding weekend, but also helped our guests plan their travels to Tulum. Squarespace provided the perfect amount of ease and flexibility, allowing us to create an image heavy site with all the page layouts and tools we were looking for. Additionally, one of our favorite features of building a wedding website with Squarespace was the ability to use a fully custom web domain.
Once we purchased our web domain, we began browsing through available themes on Squarespace. We knew we wanted something that could showcase the beauty of the location with lots of big pictures, and also something with clean and minimal font, lots of white space, etc. We landed on Forte, and truly love how each and every page turned out. Below are the pages we included on our site. Continue Reading…
How was your Memorial Day? We spent the long weekend in Michigan again this year, which has now become an annual tradition since our first trip back in 2014. Our go-to spot is up in Northern Michigan, in and around Glen Arbor and Traverse City. We like to stay right outside of Glen Arbor in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore at D.H. Day campground. The beautiful lakeshore and sand dunes are right at your footsteps, as well as kayaking, biking, and our favorite, the Leelanau Peninsula—full of amazing wineries. On top of all that, the culinary rich town of Traverse City is only a 30 min. drive away.
One of our favorite wineries we stop at every year is Blackstar Farms. They produce the absolute best Pinot Noir, and after your first tasting, if you keep the glasses and bring them back, the tastings become complimentary. Plus, they have horses, which for me is irresistible. Some other wineries we visited this year were Chateau Fontaine, Bluestone Vineyards, L. Mawby, big LITTLE, and M22. We love bringing home bottles from every place we visit. Each time we open a bottle and enjoy the delicious local wine, it brings back all the memories from each trip.
The lakeshore at Sleeping Bear is absolutely breathtaking. The water is crystal clear and the sand is bright white. The colors are almost reminiscent of Tulum, only the water this time of year is ice cold and of course there are no palm trees in sight. Continue Reading…